The University of Michigan Injury Center is pleased to host the semi-annual SAVIR conference, this fall, and offer 15 student scholarships. The conference will be held September 18-20, 2017, at the University of Michigan League in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
SAVIR is a professional organization that provides leadership and fosters excellence in the science of violence and injury prevention. Our 2017 conference will be devoted to the theme of Innovations, and the student scholarships will provide currently enrolled students the opportunity to learn, connect, and grow with hundreds of other who share their interest in preventing injury and violence. This will be a great opportunity to attend a high-caliber national conference. Please see below for additional information on eligibility and the application process.
Approximately 15 scholarships will be awarded. Each will include complimentary registration (up to a $335 value) to attend the SAVIR conference, Sept 18-20 in Ann Arbor, MI. The total value of each scholarship ranges in prices based on student preference to attend the full conference or a single day.
- Any student or trainee currently enrolled in an education program (e.g., undergraduate, PhD, MPH, MSW, but NOT staff).
- Applicants must be a U-M Injury Center member OR their mentor/ supervisor must be a U-M Injury Center member.
**Students outside of the University of Michigan are welcome to apply.
To be considered, please submit the following information to email@example.com, by Thursday, July 20, 2017.
- Level of training and what school enrolled in currently (*must be enrolled in an educational program)
- Three sentences on your interest(s) in the field of injury and/or violence prevention
- Name of mentor or senior advisor related to this field
- Affiliated department
- Brief description of how attendance at the SAVIR conference will support your long-term goals
Scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail during the week of July 24, 2017. Applicants should not register for the SAVIR 2017 conference until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds. The discounted early-bird registration rate will be available until August 18, 2017 for those that may not receive a scholarship, but still plan to attend.