Call for Abstracts
The University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center has organized a unique event featuring national experts to bring attention and focus to a critical and growing public health issue: the prevention of campus sexual assault. The Summit on the Prevention of Campus Sexual Assault will be held on the U-M campus, at Rackham Graduate School, May 2, 2018, in Ann Arbor.
We are accepting poster abstracts that will identify innovative strategies to expand and enhance future campus sexual assault research and prevention, contribute to the adoption of new evidence-based practices, highlight the translation and communication of injury prevention science and information as it relates to campus sexual assault, or that describe effective partnerships among and between organizations in developing new collaborative prevention approaches. Submissions highlighting research or practice are welcome.
The abstract should include program or research results, how they have been (or could be) translated into practice or used to inform future research, and a description of any innovative approaches used. After review, authors will be notified of the planning committee’s decision by email.
All abstracts will be presented in the form of a poster only. Abstract submission deadline EXTENDED to Friday, April 6, 2018!
- Proposals will be accepted beginning now until Friday, March 2, 2018 at 11:59 pm ET.
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words (including header titles).
- At least one author on the abstract must attend the conference and present the poster.
- Abstracts must address the theme of translating and communicating injury prevention science with regard to the prevention of campus sexual assault.
- Abstracts should include the following five topic headings (if applicable):
- Statement of Purpose
- Innovation & Significance to the field
- Submit all abstracts using the submission form provided. A copy of the form can be found at: www.injurycenter.umich.edu/conferences/summit-prevention-campus-sexual-a...
- Submit all abstracts as an email attachment and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.