1st Annual Research Symposium, Friday, September 26, 2014
Join a stellar group of developing researchers from the region, as they gather to present their work, network, and receive feedback from peers and experts. With presentations, poster sessions, and networking opportunities, this lively event will stimulate new ideas and help hone current research while giving emerging researchers an opportunity to present their work. Questions? Email us at email@example.com!
Agenda at a Glance
When: Friday, September 26, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Where: Palmer Commons (on U-M campus) - See map to Palmer Commons, 100 Washtenaw Ave., Ann Arbor.
Who: Trainees (students, post-docs, junior faculty, transitioning scholars), mentors, and Injury Center leadership
(Note: This event is tailored to meet the needs of academic participants, including future researchers currently enrolled in undergraduate/graduate programs.)
What: Speakers, discussions, roundtable sessions, posters, and awards, with time and structure to support networking and feedback
Cost: Free to qualified participants
Ann M. Dellinger, PhD, MPH, Chief of the Home, Recreation and Transportation Safety Branch of the Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention, at CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. There she oversees the older adult falls, sports, and road safety work of the Center. Dr. Dellinger currently conducts several studies in the area of motor vehicle safety focusing on older drivers, child occupant and pedestrian injury, injury risk behavior and international road safety. She consults with domestic and international organizations including the U.S. Transportation Research Board, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).
Ann's keynote presentation:
- "CDC, Injury Center, and more importantly, Ann's Career Path in Injury"
Morning Session - Hot Topics in Injury Prevention
- "Prescription Drug Misuse and Overdose: An Emerging and Critical Injury Problem"
- Amy Bohnert, PhD - Link to slides.pdf
- Concussions - "My Way"
- Steven Broglio, PhD, ATC - Link to slides.pdf
- Anuj Pradhan, PhD
Afternoon Session - Injury Research Innovation & Methodology
- "E-Health for Reduction of Injury, Violence and Risk Behaviors"
- Ken Resnicow, PhD - Link to slides.pdf
- "Using Mobile Technology for Injury Prevention Interventions"
- Sara Konrath, PhD - Link to slides.pdf
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Injury Science
- Jean Shope, PhD
- Outstanding Early Career in Injury Research Award
- Amy Bohnert, PhD & Steven Broglio, PhD
- Outstanding Injury Poster Presentation Award
- Douglas Roehler & Yaoyuan Vincent Tan
- Outstanding Injury Mentor Award
- Sara Konrath, PhD